DS&O Electric Cooperative is accepting nominations for four seats on the DS&O Electric Cooperative Board of Directors.
DS&O's coverage area is divided into three districts. Individuals who wish to run for a director's seat need to be active members of the cooperative and bona fide residents of the district they wish to represent. Packets of information for those seeking to be candidates for the Board of Directors Elections will be available at the DS&O Solomon office starting December 1, 2017. Potential candidates must submit a completed written petition packet signed by at least 15 members who are residents of the cooperative. Signed petitions must be filed in the DS&O cooperative office in Solomon office by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 2, 2018.
Positions up for election this year are:
|West District||Ken Hedberg|
|Central District||Dane Clark|
|East District||David Butler|
|At- Large District||Dean Allison|
Ballots will be mailed to all members of the cooperative on or about March 13, 2017 and must be returned by 5:00 p.m. on March 31, 2017. Election results will be announced at the DS&O annual meeting which will be held Tuesday, April 3, 2018 at Webster Conference Center in Salina
Petition forms and copies of the DS&O bylaws are available at the cooperative office located in Solomon or click on the link below.
- December 1, 2017 – Petition forms available at the DS&O Electric Cooperative’s offices in Solomon and the DS&O website.
- February 2, 2018 – Completed petition, affirmation of director qualification and brief bio must be filed at the DS&O office in Solomon by 5:00 p.m.
- March 5, 2018 – Director election ballots will be mailed to the members.
- March 23, 2018 – Ballots must be received at the DS&O office in Solomon by 5:00 p.m.
- April 3, 2018 – Election Results will be announced at the DS&O Annual Meeting.
If you have questions about the nomination process, please contact Derrick Rutherford, Communications Manager at the DS&O Solomon office at 1-800-376-3533 or email at email@example.com or by mail at P O Box 286, Solomon Kansas.